1. The width of the gantry is determined by the rail span.
2. The working height of the gantry and the TCC port crane is optimized to suit the types of vessels to be handled.
3. The clearance height of the gantry depends on the transport requirements on the quayside .For example ,TCCs in intermodal ports can be designed to enable the free movement of trucks and rail-mounted vehicles under the gantry in order to allow for improved cargo clearance.
4. The number of bogies is dependent on the type of crane and the maximum permissible wheel load on the quayside.
5. Counterweights are necessary where rail spans are narrow in order to reduce overturning moment and ensure safe operation and stability.
Related Industry Knowledge
- Overview of bridge crane
- Bridge crane
- Portal crane
- Summary of gantry crane
- Gantry crane components
- Electric hoist
- Structure of electric hoist
- Main classification of electric hoist
- Application field of electric hoist
- Hoist crane
- MHB type gantry crane
- Heavy Load Quayside Portal Mobile Luffing Port ...
- Electric Double Girder Gantry Portal Crane (LDL...
- 10t Double Girder Electric Gantry Crane, Portal...
- Gantry Crane for Bridge Project
- Advanced Performance Rubber-Tyred Container Por...
- European Standard Single Beam Half Portal-Type ...
- Hydraulic Portal Marine Offshore Crane
- KBK Soft And Light Combined Type Crane
- Portal Crane Harbour Heavy Lift Rail Type Crane...