All it takes is one wrong move for a factory to shut down entirely. And that’s before getting into the money workman’s comp claims or lawsuits can cost your business. From a dangling wire to a slippery surface, there’s so much that can go wrong. Your employees work hard for you, so return the favor by giving them a safe work environment. Safety keeps employees happier, healthier, and even more productive. Read on for some easy ways to improve factory safety.
1. Invest in Training and Ongoing Training Programs
One of the easiest ways you can keep employees safe is by maintaining a regular training regimen. It isn’t enough to just send your employees onto the factory floor after watching a few videos. Your employees deserve to really get the ins-and-outs of the factory lifestyle. After all, they’re surrounded by thousands of pounds of heavy machinery. Invest in training for your employees and you’ll have a stronger, safer workplace.
2. Maintain Equipment
From cranes to presses to vehicles of all shapes and sizes, there’s a lot to keep up with in a factory. Rubber wears down, chains rust, and brakes need to be replaced. And if you’ve ever seen a mechanical malfunction, you know how debilitating it can be. Keep track of your equipment and maintain it on a regular basis. There could be obsolete pieces in some of your machinery. Make sure you have an updated log of when machines and equipment were last maintained or repaired. You may be shocked to discover just how overdue your equipment is for basic maintenance.
3. Evaluate Your Workplace Environment
Just as equipment needs regular maintenance, factory safety involves regular cleanings and changes. Take some time to evaluate your work environment and determine whether or not safety changes need to be made.If you need some help, there are plenty of helpful checklists online to let you know what to look for. Think about some of the following as you walk the aisles of your workplace:
Codes of conduct between workers
Material management and placement
How or if procedures are followed
Employee compliances with safety procedures
Easy exits in case of an emergency
Access to safety materials such as fire extinguishers
4. Allow For Frequent Breaks
One of the leading causes of workplace accidents isn’t due to mechanics — it’s due to employees. Keep workers happy and refreshed by allowing for frequent breaks. Recently, Tyson Foods found themselves at the center of a horrible controversy. Tyson violated several codes by not allowing for frequent restroom breaks. Avoid these costly mistakes. Factory safety will improve and your workers will be happier and more productive.
5. Make Sure Employees Have Access to Proper Equipment
Our final step is perhaps the simplest. The easiest way to improve factory safety is just by giving workers access to safety tools. Be it hard hats, goggles, hair nets, or even ear plugs, access to these simple tools keeps workers safe.
With these 5 steps, you can keep workers happier and healthier. And if you’re in the market for new machinery, be sure to contact us. From easy repairs to full-on replacements, we can keep your factory safe for less.
- Common Bridge Crane
- Other Bridge Cranes
- Bridge Crane Parameters
- Type Classification Of Gantry Crane
- Classification Of Portal Cranes In Form Of Use
- Gantry Crane Representation Method
- A Historical Record Of A Portal Crane
- Main Features Of Electric Hoist
- Main Equipment Of Electric Hoist
- Classification Of Hoist Crane
- 5 Safety And Maintenance Tips For Your Crane’s ...
- How To Prevent Overhead Crane Parts From Rust?
- Gantry Cranes Make Use Of New Technology To Bec...
- The Growing Development Prospects Of Crane-rela...
- The Crane's New And Practical Development Trend.
- India Rashmi Group Visited Our Factory
- China Assumes The Formulation Of Crane Internat...
- The First Crane Expo Was Held In The Crane Town
- Crane Installation And Commission In Yemen
- The Large-scale Development Trend Of Mini Cranes